Re: [LUG] plymouth geeks meetup on the 18th of feb?

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:32:54 +0000
John Hansen wrote:

> On 14/02/2010 18:46, Grant Sewell wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:06:43 +0000
> > edward mccaughan wrote:
> >

> >> Who wants to meet up in plymouth for an evening of geeky
> >> conversations and delicious beverages?
> >>
> >> Plymouth geeks is at long last having another meetup, this time at
> >> the nowhere inn on thursday the 18th of febuary - want to join us?
> >>
> >> the cunning details are at
> >> http://plymouthgeeks.ning.com/events/plymouth-geeks-pub-meetup
> >>
> > Anyone on the list going to this?
> >
> > Grant.
> >

> Why are all meetings held in Plymouth and South Devon?
> There are those of us who live in North Cornwall. I am certainly not
> prepared to drive to the South Coast for a meeting which I may or may
> not be interested in.
> It seems all DCLUG activity is now focused on the South Devon area.
> It leaves me wondering if it is worthwhile remaining a member as
> little on the
> Forum is of interest to someone who is not an expert or geek if you
> prefer.
>
> John W

O...k... so I guess that means you're not going?

It does seem that the majority of 'activity' on the LUG is focused on
the South Devon regions, but that's only because someone found a place
where regular meetings could take place and book it on a regular
basis.  Having only recently moved away from Truro, I do understand
your feelings but now that I'm resident in Plymouth I'm obviously
interested in local goings on.

Grant.