Re: [LUG] No desk top computer?

On 12/02/10 20:52, Rob Beard wrote:
Neil Winchurst wrote:
Thanks for the advice. As I said in a previous reply I like a large
screen so I would probably not consider a notebook. I would not want
to carry it about really, so weight would not be a problem.

Neil

In that case maybe you might want to consider a 16 or 17" notebook,
they're probably getting on the verge of being too big to sit on your
lap comfortably but on a table they'd probably be fine.

I have a 17" laptop, and most of the time it lives under my desk, driving my 19" screen, controlled by USB mouse+keyboard.

Good standalone screens are much better than laptop screens, though my laptop screen is passable, and I have used it extensively on its own.

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++0x thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk