Re: [LUG] Capturing Real Playouer ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Anyone know if it's possible to capture a streamed realplayer thingy off the BBC website (other than point a video camera at the screen which is Plan B!)

It's not on the get_iplayer list - off BBC spotlight south west thingy...

No wories - mplayer to the rescue...

... after lots of frantic typing of a 3-page long url by hand...

And it seems to download in real-time - it's a 12 minute clip and I just want 90 seconds in the middle of it )-:

Gordon

I asked the guy wot wrote get_iplayer if I could just get something mid-stream and I get the impression that its the BBC's end thats 'at fault' I mean no-one would possibly want to re-wind a bit they've just missed would they.... So if you want the last 2 minutes of a two hour long program you have to hemmer the hell out of the bbc's servers. Thats what you get when you ask MS for advice I suppose!
Tom te tom te tom