Re: [LUG] mobile broadband things

Over the last few days I've been attempting to get an Orange ICON 7.2
dongle working on a SheevaPlug.

Had to build all and install all the HSO drivers and support stuff
myself, but eventually got things to the point where I could get an
internet connection.

Unfortunately I want this to run headless, but the HSO manager app
requires X and I had some other issues with the interaction between
dbus and X as well.  (I believe) I've eventually circumvented this by
running the HSO manager connected to Xvfb and using a command line
app to get it to start and stop the internet connection (via dbus)
as required.

Somewhat clunky, but far easier than hacking the python code to remove
all the GUI stuff without breaking anything else.

James