Re: [LUG] Multiple Monitors...

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Dave Morgan wrote:

On 11/02/2010, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was actually thinking on mounting the monitor on the wall and using it
for a status web page on my traffic graphs, nagios, etc...

Gordon

would one of these be better?
http://www.fit-pc.co.uk/MIMO_UM-720s.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=500&width=730

No.... The idea is that I try to justify (to myself) the reason for wanting a bigger screen for my workstation and having a way to recycle the current screen will help me justify it...

ie. more toys...

However one thing I've always thought would be a good idea is a laptop with an external VGA input & keyboard/mouse output - so use the laptop as a 'terminal' to an existing PC that I need to look at the BIOS with...

That's a nice little display, couple it with a small keyboard and it'd be good, but expensive...

Gordon