Re: [LUG] USB memory stick - what a contrast

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> As I said in the Subject above, what a contrast. Getting it working in
> Hardy was a pain and took me ages. In Mint it just happened. Perhaps it
> is partly because Hardy is a bit old now.

I suspect a bug, or configuration issue rather than age. kUbuntu Hardy
was suppose to automount USB, KDE in Etch did this fine which I'm sure
must predate Hardy, and there are plenty of reports of it doing it
correctly. What you describe is mounting it manually which shouldn't be
required, but will work.

Launchpad has some similar bug reports that suggest you should ensure
that you have all appropriate updates installed.