Re: [LUG] US Freedom

tom wrote:

I think its been shown that once you go back far enough everyone is related to everyone else:
you have 2 parents
4 grandparents
16 ggparents
32 gggparents
so for a conservative 30 y per generation
300 years gives you 1024 ancestors
600 1million
1000 ( the age of WtC half brother) a good 1,000,000,000 - slightly more than the population of the UK at the time

Isn't it nearer 9,000,000,000 for 1000 years ago at 30 year generations?
(Or around 10^12 if you use 25 year generations, which I suspect is
nearer the mark.)

In any case, the total population of the world in 1066 was probably only
around 350 million, so there's a fairly good chance.

James