Re: [LUG] Old PC for toddlers playgroup - Exmouth

Vivi Griffin wrote:
> My great nephews playgroup's computer no longer works and they are keen
> to get another one as it is great for familiarising the young children
> with a computer at a young age. If anyone is replacing theirs and has an
> old one that they no longer need, it would be greatly appreciated. One
> of the main requirements is that it can play educational CD's and DVD's.
> Nothing in particular apart from that. It also may be a good way of
> developing a group of young Linux users in Exmouth by starting them
> early on Linux instead of Windows.
>
> Thanks
>
> Viv

Hi
not sure what the situation with this is, but if we as a group can
source a PC perhaps this operating system will do,. (well its a Linux
based one) but it seems ideal for younger children.

http://www.qimo4kids.com/

next release will be based on ubuntu 10.04

Paul

 Thanks very much for this Paul. We have managed to get a PC and I am downloading qimo4kids and edbuntu to try both. I will let you know what I think.

Viv