Re: [LUG] ubuntu mini cd's

Paul Sutton wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:
Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD

if you want some mini ubuntu install cd isos(12 mb) then they are at the
above,  text based install they fit on the 50mb CD-R business card size.

Paul
It's probably worth bearing in mind that you also need an internet
connection or a copy of the repositories for this too :-)

Still it's handy for those occasions when you don't want to burn a 700MB
ISO (in fact I used the Hardy version last night).

Rob

Well you can copy or set up a computer with stuff copied on to so the cd
can be told to look at that computer to download required items

Yep, Tom mentioned it the other day, can't remember what it's called.

I tend to just download it as and when I need it though (with 20MBit broadband it doesn't take too long, I just wish I could coax it into using Virgin's mirrors, I'm sure I can, I just haven't figured that bit out).
Not sure how much space a full repository takes up a few gig i expect
Not entirely sure.

Rob