[LUG] OT: World of Warcraft was PlayOnLinux

> There are some inconsistencies in some of the text and the progress bars
> scroll from side to side quickly which to me is a bit distracting, but hey,
> it's free, and it does list World Of Warcraft.  Maybe it might even convince
> me to download it and have a look at what all the fuss is about.

If you like games it's ok, but for me the cartoony graphics and cheesy
content puts me off.  I did play DAoC (Dark age of camelot) for a long
time, and have always been a bit cheesed at WoW for killing the player
base of a better game imo.

Wow for me feels a lot like playing "whack-a-mole" - you just have to
hit the buttons as they light up really, with little real skill
involved.  This means that if I play against other players and I meet
a 13 year old, I'm dead, the end.

DAoC by contrast has very dated graphics these days, but just feels
more involved, the fighting requires better knowledge of your opponent
and skill to pull off moves in the right way to enable others.  This
means that if I meet anyone on the battlefield, I have a fighting
chance that relies on thought rather than the ability to mash buttons

I did try Warhammer online for a while - fun - but it was a massive
bugfest, and when they forced a close of my server I took my chances
and moved my characters to another, finding the player base to be much
less mature, so I let it slide.

I don't really have much time these days to play such games, but I
still miss DAoC *snif*