Re: [LUG] Mint XFCE4 wireless connection

Grant Sewell wrote:

> If you have both WiFi and Ethernet (the cabled connection) simultaneously, it
> *should* work fine. It should *not* auto-disconnect either network just because
> it's found a second network. You may find that it doesn't use your WiFi connection
> when cabled up, but that's just because both connections point to the same network
> range; the cabled connection is faster and so is deemed preferable.
>
> Grant.

Thanks to your pointing me in the right direction it all seems to be
working OK now. There is an icon on the panel which refers to the
connection. If I look at the tool tip it shows which is in use, wired or
wifi. If I need to change it I click on the same icon and up comes a
window where I can connect/disconnect to the wired or wifi set ups. Very
neat and easy.

It all took a bit of searching but all is fine now. Thanks again,

Neil