Re: [LUG] OT Vision for bunker to become data centre

Rob Beard wrote:

> You have a good point there, I don't think many of the sites I visit are
> in the US.  Maybe one or two, most are UK sites.

I wonder how you know. I've never looked, but I still see a lot of email
that goes via America from Europe to Europe. I remember when the
connection was so slow that email doing this could create bandwidth
issues and would make you a bad netizen.

A quick look at my web history suggests about 50% of my traffic goes to
Silicon Valley, and then about 25% other US, and most of the rest is UK.
Ignoring Google.

Using my super powers and a lot of tracerouting, I confidently state
that the Google Data Centre I'm currently using is within 186 miles
(line of cable) of the ESAT BT's Dublin site.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/esat-bt-signs-3m-deal-with-google-to-host-citywest-servers-221817.html

So I'd guess ESAT BT Dublin, but the margin of error is large, but very
unlikely to be outside Ireland.