Re: [LUG] OT Vision for bunker to become data centre

http://www.thebunker.net/

That's how it's done!

M.

Quoting Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Quoting Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:

http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews.co.uk/business/Vision-bunker-data-centre/article-1592692-detail/article.html

Saw this on the bbc news text thing earlier,  google came up with the
following report from western morning news.

Paul

Well I guess it'll be good if it happens, it will probably create a few
jobs... BUT... is it going to be competitive compared to other data
centres across the UK?

I wonder too how easy it is top tap into the transatlantic cable?

The article seems to suggest they'll just patch into it, surely it's
not that simple is it?

Also, their goal of wiring up every business and home to fibre, um...
that's going to be expensive too I dare say.  If they can pull it off
then great, but I wouldn't hold my breath, unless it's going to be
extremely expensive like existing fibre connections.

Rob

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.truthisfreedom.org.uk/