Re: [LUG] top post or bottom

2010/1/24 Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> well I top posted here a few years back and was throughly told off. So
> when replying to lug stuff I bottom post. However if I do this (bottom
> post) with friends, family, business associates I often get a mail back
> asking why have I returned their post with out saying anything!

It's not "bottom posting" it's quoting properly..

so not just quoting the whole thing you're replying to, but including
the relevant part you're responding to with your response below.

> On occasion I have mentioned to people there is a top v bottom post
> debate. The result is increduality. Hilarity even!

Not really.. there is a wrong way (top posting), some less wrong ways
(bottom posting as you describe it) and the right way of quoting.

> So maybe a a paradigm shift is called for...

No - just "quote properly".

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons