Re: [LUG] top post or bottom

well I top posted here a few years back and was throughly told off. So
when replying to lug stuff I bottom post. However if I do this (bottom
post) with friends, family, business associates I often get a mail back
asking why have I returned their post with out saying anything!

On occasion I have mentioned to people there is a top v bottom post
debate. The result is increduality. Hilarity even!

So mostly I'll keep to the norm (in forums does the latest post come to
the top of page one or the bottom of page five hundred and fifty?), but
we are out of step with most of humanity and though it would be nice to
blame this on the demons of microsoft I think it has more to do with
what people instinctively think is right (even if logically wrong).

Actually I thinl BP is a pain. People often don't delete stuff and if
I'm following a thread I know what it's about. So to scroll 3 pages and
find the respondent has written "I agree" is not great.

Also if TP one either knows what has gone before or can check in the
posts below. If BP and edited one sees

Pete Bloggs wrote

<< I think
<<

I agree

 John Smith

means I have to read the entite thread rather than one mail. A pain...

So maybe a a paradigm shift is called for...