Re: [LUG] The webmaster equipment clear-out

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:47:49 +0000
Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've got to clear the house and I've only got a limited amount of time
> to do it - i.e. these will all be "if-you-can't-collect-don't-ask".
> :-)
>
> Not-quite-freebies
> ==================
>
> 1. There is one fully operational computer (a P3 IIRC - details are
> probably in the early years of the archive), I'll get around to
> clearing the data on that later today.

A few problems with this one - it won't boot from DVD (old bios) and I
can't get my (old) bootable Debian CD's to install (network card
problems with Etch). If you've got an i386 installer CDROM that you know
works, it will probably install fine. Bring the CD with you and we can
test.

(Installing Lenny XFCE from DVD on the Advent laptop as I type.)

--

Neil Williams