[LUG] The webmaster equipment clear-out

I've got to clear the house and I've only got a limited amount of time
to do it - i.e. these will all be "if-you-can't-collect-don't-ask".
:-)

Some (a lot) of the equipment is not going to make it into the van
going to Cambridge and that'll be leaving on Thursday. (So Thurs. am is
the last chance for this stuff.)

Freebies
========

1. An almost complete archive of LinuxFormat magazines and DVD's.

2. Books:
        2.1 Java for the WWW - Visual quickstart guide
                9780201353402
        2.2 DHTML for the WWW - Visual quickstart guide
                9780201353419
        2.3 Perl and CGI for the WWW - Visual quickstart guide
                9780201353587
        2.4 HTML4 for the WWW - Visual quickstart guide
                (yes, I know it's HTML5 people need now)
                9780201354935
        2.5 PHP fast&easy development (CD-ROM lost, sorry.)
                9780761530558

3 Old computer equipment - various cases, motherboards, hard drives,
graphics cards. Most are AT, not ATX (so nothing later than Pentium1)
and most also have missing or broken PSUs (which are hard to obtain for
AT and hence why these components are probably heading to a skip). Also
includes a fully operational CRT monitor - you know the one, heavy,
fragile, very useful when your graphics card won't recognise a TFT
panel. ;-) It's 14" IIRC. That is DEFINITELY collect-only.

        3.1 Microtek ScanMaker 330 SCSI scanner - yes, real SCSI. I
think I have cables somewhere. Model #MRS-600VX3S.

        3.2 Advent 5372 laptop - not portable anymore due to power
management / battery issues. Intel Celeron, heavy compared to modern
laptops. Will try and clear the data from that one too - hopefully get
a basic Debian/XFCE install on it. (Will have to clear the data anyway,
even if it goes to the tip.)

4. Various cables and old hard drives which probably nobody could use
anymore. (Seriously, some are antiques dating from the days before
the 386 was considered new and shiny. IIRC one is a 250Mb hard drive
which was truly massive at the time and cost me a small fortune. Yes,
you did read that right megabytes, not gigabytes - smaller than most USB
sticks given away as freebies at conferences.)

I won't have time to list them all or discuss them in detail either on
the list, off list or by phone. If you're local and you fancy a browse,
let me know (by off-list email unless you already have my phone
number) when you can turn up and I'll confirm the address.

I'm not expecting a huge rush - this is old kit that most people
probably don't want and the bits that are broken are hard to find.

Not-quite-freebies
==================

1. There is one fully operational computer (a P3 IIRC - details are
probably in the early years of the archive), I'll get around to
clearing the data on that later today.

2. Brother DCP-135C colour inkjet printer (USB) using using
LC-970BK/Y/C/M cartridges, works with CUPS providing you install some
horrid little helper downloadable from Brother. One of these scan/print
combos but I've never experimented with the scanning side. Note: you
need to do a reasonable amount of printing because this one has a full
cartridge that it now thinks is empty because it hasn't been used in 6
months. If you buy the cartridges, you can collect the printer.
;-)

--

Neil Williams