Re: [LUG] Usung XFCE

Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have been given a laptop, Compaq Presario v5000. I have installed Mint Gloria XFCE version. I chose XFCE as it is smaller than KDE. It is my first laptop and my first look at XFCE so a bit of a learning curve. I am sure that I will have several questions in the future, but for now can anyone tell me if there is only one desktop on XFCE or can I have several open like KDE?

Also, I use a mouse so is there any way to disable the keypad please?

Any experts out there?

Neil

Not sure about disabling the keypad, I take it you mean the touchpad/trackpad thing?

You may find an option in the BIOS possibly, on some older machines installing a PS/2 mouse would disable the trackpad, although that probably isn't much use if you have a USB mouse. :-)

You can enable multiple desktops on XFCE, I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment as I'm running Ubuntu and I can't put the PS3 on as the kids are watching telly (my PS3 has Xubuntu installed on it).

It might be worth googling for XFCE virtual desktops.

Rob