Re: [LUG] top post or bottom

2010/1/20 Matthew Macdonald-Wallace <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> [ Massive untrimmed quote of the entire thread removed]

Strike one

> I invoke Godwin's Law:
> "The Nazis were top-posters therefore top-posting is wrong"
> (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law for more info)

you can't invoke it on yourself

Strike two

> Seriously, this discussion is never going to go away.  It's down to personal
> preference.

No, it's ettiquette, the only reason it hasn't gone away is that there
are always more newbies who top-post when the last generation have
learned to trim and quote - google for "eternal september" ;p

> Unless there are strict rules on a mailing list that enforce one method or
> the other of posting, we will all have to accept that some people do things
> differently to us and just get on with life.

Or we can politely make the effort to trim quotes when replying inline
(i.e. correctly).

Hope that helps.

A.

--