Re: [LUG] Sound card configuration

Quoting tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I've got a simpleish soundcard that supposedly does 5:1 but only has
the standard 3 connectors. I vaguely seem to remember seeing a windows
config that allowed you to configure the microphone input as an output
so I can plug the back pair of my sound system into that.
Any idea how to configure that?
Tom te tom te tom

I'd maybe start with the Alsa web site here: http://www.alsa-project.org/

Either that or the wiki pages for the distro you're running. IIRC it is a setting for Alsa, but I can't remember if it's just a mixer setting or if you need to create a config file for Alsa itself.

Rob