Re: [LUG] Spreading the Linux gospel

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 14:25 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> Yes, there are IMHO too many choices, but we are stuck with it. I think
> it is a weakness, not a strength.
Strange - I doubt if the beginner or wouldbe beginner has heard of much
more than a few names. These seem now to be easy to acquire - Fedora 12
and Ubuntu (in a shiny new book) for example are recently available on
the shelves, both mags giving instructions on how to get started.

There are obviously some early pitfalls and if you fall into one of the
pits there may only be a Windows ladder to get out. However, it seems to
be getting easier all the time. A decent brain does help, like thinking
of using google with some obvious key words - never fails for me.
>  All the more need for long term help
> for anyone who moves across.
Yes - as soon as I realised there was the LUG - there was my help - and
security. Even posts that were not on my issues helped by pointing the
way.

James

I wish we called if Freedom software rather than use the word free.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk