Re: [LUG] top post or bottom

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM, James Wonnacott wrote:
> My only moan, and I know it's been said before, is when people don't trim
> the original posts making it necessary to scroll down to see what they've
> added.

Exactly. I find that a lot more annoying than top-posting: when
top-posting you know you can stop reading the email when you've
reached the quoted email conversation (and I use it a lot for work,
where I have conversations where people might be copied into halfway
through, so it's useful to have the original conversation added for
reference).

On discussion lists like this, where we all receive all emails, I
don't see why people just quote what they're replying to and cut the
rest out.

Martijn.