Re: [LUG] Levono Smartbook

2010/1/17 Rhia Knowles <rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hey while we're on the subject of Lenovo/IBM, any tips on Thinkpads to avoid, either for reliability or not Linux compatible? I'm not having a lot of luck with my usual tactics for obtaining an ebay bargain (2 laptops sent back to the seller DOA so far) so Im now focusing on a brand known for reliability.

My husband and I use 2 reconditioned ibm x31's purchased from 2 different EBay sellers. Both have Ubuntu Studio 8.04 installed and run fine. We have also used Mandiva, Suse and Mint at different times - no hardware related problems except some issues caused by having to use an external USB DVD drive (however, these have been issues installing distros and the aforementioned ones have breen OK).

Viv