Re: [LUG] Drupal Site

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:18:32 +0000
rich@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Just added a new post and poll to the Drupal site. I think it works
> > well. Be interested to know what folks think of the content:
> > <http://www.dcglug.org.uk/drupal6/?q=node/19>
> >

> I have started to add more content but presume it must be approved
> before being published. Is this the case please?

All content needs to be added to a Book before it will show up on the
navigation links. Search should still find it without a book. We might
add full menus later, depends how we get on with the book navigation
first.

Ordinary users are able to add their own content to existing books and
create new books.

> I know we are moving info across from the old site but do we have a
> list of the sort of things we would like to publish please?

Everything. Drupal is very flexible and we should take this chance to
reorganise all the existing content, throw away outdated or irrelevant
stuff, add more content and move things around to suit.

If there is content on the current site that you think is useful, find
somewhere for it to live in the test site and add it. If the content
would be more useful within someone else's page, contact that user or a
writer to get the content added.

Only the mailing list archive itself is being "carried-over" untouched.
It is currently not accessible directly within drupal, so always quote a
full URL for an archive post link. When drupal does take over, the links
will still work. (Links that contain /drupal6/ should also continue to
work after the change, via an alias, so that URL's quoted in posts to
the list will continue to work.)

Don't create new books for every page but also don't add every page to
a single book - if you get into trouble, contact one of the "writers"
who have permission to edit, delete and reorganise any content, not
just their own.

List of writers and administrators:
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/drupal6/?q=organisation

(I've enabled URL path settings for admins and writers to allow
renaming of particular nodes with memorable names and such names
should be expected to be permanent. Please use this feature carefully -
it should NOT be used to rename every new page or every new poll.)

--

Neil Williams