Re: [LUG] Chrome browser

Neil Winchurst wrote:
I see that there is a beta version out for Linux now. Has anyone tried it?

Neil
I'm using Google Chrome 4.0.249.43 on Ubuntu 9.10, works reasonably well. In most cases it doesn't use as much of the CPU as Firefox with multiple tabs open, but I do overall prefer Firefox. I must admit, I do like the idea that each tab runs in it's own little VM so to speak, that means if something crashes it closes the one page rather than the whole app (reminds me when Windows 95 was released where with a 32-bit app, the single app would crash, not the whole OS).

Okay maybe Windows 95 isn't a good example of stability :-D

Rob