Re: [LUG] Meetings - Plymouth - Talks

tom brough wrote:
> Neil Stone wrote:
>> OK, so there are a fair few people interested..
>>
>> Would anyone be willing to do some form of talk/demo etc ?
>>
>> I'm looking to have this as an all day event if I can..
>>
> I think the idea is good. However if its going to be all day and a
> "pay-as-you-go" event, I think we would all want to get as much bang for
> our buck as we can in terms of promoting GNU/Linux/Free Software/Open
> Source.
>
> If we could promote this venue in some way and get a wider cross section
> of people in Devon & Cornwall interested in attending (Business,
> Community, Charity as well as individuals) then so much the better.

I agree but the first thing people will ask is when is it, For us to be
able to answer this,  question we need to have it booked / arranged so
we can give people times / dates.

I think we have enough of us who can club together and pay for it, so
once we are booked we can work out what to do.

I am happy to ask around,  see if people are interested.

we could have 2 possible formats

a set of talks through out the day
or
a few talks but tables set up, around the room and demo stuff.  But also
have talks going on at set times.

e.g inkscape, gcompris,  etc,   I am sure we can muster together a few
PC's between us to make this happen,

Perhaps have an area with a pc set up for games, (tux racing etc) and
see if we can keep any children occupied during the day,  I have a few
game controllers to hand.

I am sure there is a school near plymouth that uses Open source software
quite a lot, perhaps it may be worth seeing if they are interested,  its
listed on the opensourceschools site or what ever its called linked from
becta I think.

that could work,

Paul