Re: [LUG] Mac Classic

dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> As I understand it you can install M68k Linux on it, but it's not an
> easy task.  Likewise for NetBSD.  As I understand it the hardest part
> is getting it to boot natively - having a small Mac partition that
> contains a stripped down MacOS and a 'boot loader' application would
> suffice.  (I ran into similar problems with booting Linux natively on
> my 'old world' PPC 5500/225 Mac.)

Even with 68000? Are there tutorials somewhere?

And that's no biggy, I did it on a New World Mac, I had Debian on the G3 233. I had to mess around with open firmware, place kernels and initrds in extra partitions I had to make... it's madness.
Not on a 68000, I gather it's to do with the lack of MMU in the CPU.

There's always this...

http://www.theapplecollection.com/Collection/MacAquarium/index.shtml

Rob