Re: [LUG] Linux Live Distro

rich@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I need some help! I want to download and create some live distros for
> use in maintaining and checking Windows systems. So the questions are:
> 1. What are the best distros to go for please?
> 2. Would anybody be willing to download and burn them off for me please?
> I was going to buy them from a distro site.
I would also very strongly recommend you get KNOPPIX and from a live CD
you can also make a USB version.

This works well to obtain a back up of MS windows documents from a dead
 non Windows booting machine provided itis only file corruption.

Also a  comment.
I use a German product "Paragon Hard Disk Manager" to take a full Hard
disc  archive from windows machines so they can be reloaded including
MBR and partition table. Essentially a recovery  copy bootable from
their Linux or windows recovery CD.  An image for HD transfer can also
be made. Stored on external hard drive.
Paragon issue a useful (free) copy via PC Pro magazine. A recent copy
had the2009 version on it.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald (eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
 If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.