Re: [LUG] using main doom wad file from a DOS install cd

Paul Sutton wrote:

I have the old DOS version of doom with the full wad file, under ubuntu
there is a free version of this, and a copy of the shareware wad file
that came with the original doom

how would i go about extracting the main doom wad file from the doom
cdrom, so i can play the full doom on ubuntu ?

i am guessing i would have to install dosbox, instlal doom from that,
then perhaps copy the files over to where I want, is this correct, or is
there a way to insert the dos doom cdrom and get at the wad file so I
can use it on ubuntu,

Yep I'd say use DOSBox, you can mount a directory on your linux box, such as /home/your-user-name to a drive letter, run the installer and then you'll get the WAD out of it.

Bring the disc along tomorrow and I'll give you a hand.

Rob