Re: [LUG] DVB-T scan file for uk-StocklandHill

By the way, I don't suppose you've tried Kaffeine on Ubuntu 9.10 with a DVB-T card have you?

I'm finding that it can't find a suitable 'demuxer' when I select a channel. ÂI'm not sure if it's down to missing codecs or what (I have w32codecs installed but not any of the gstreamer codecs or plugins).

I can't say that I have. At a guess though, I'd assume that you do need the gstreamer plugins. I'm pretty sure to view Freeview you don't need the win32 codecs (hard to say for sure since I did load them) since the stream is just a mpeg2 stream. Having said that, isn't there supposed to be a plugin in PackageKit in 9.10 that will automatically attempt to install missing plugins as they're required?

Once I have the main box attached to the tv pretty stable, I'm going to start working on getting the various PC's scattered around the house capable to of viewing recorded programs. So if I run into more problems I'll be sure to report them back here in case anyone else retraces my steps.