Re: [LUG] DVB-T scan file for uk-StocklandHill

Steven CÃtà wrote:

    also below is the initial scan file used to start with
    I have not got any BBC channels at all from Caradon with my
    Huppage card
    although the Mux is found but ignored.
    [kevin@kevinspc w_scan-20090918]$ ./w_scan -c GB -k > channels.dvb

Thanks for that. It still gave me some static, but I've managed to get there in the end. Ultimately I had to build my own copy of w_scan (the one in the repository wouldn't work with my card). That still wasn't enough though because one mux still got missed.

That's ok though, because I cat'd the file I generated with the one found in '/usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/uk-StocklandHill'. By combining them together I was able to generate a scan file with dvb-scan (well, it's just 'scan' on Ubuntu) that actually had all the channels.

All that quickly followed by some wrangling with tv_grab_uk_rt and everything seems to be working... fingers crossed.
That's good to hear, I was playing around with the kid's PC which has a cheapo Freeview card in it, as usual I could pick up everything but the BBC muxes. I haven't tried w_scan yet so I might give that a try to see if I have any luck.

By the way, I don't suppose you've tried Kaffeine on Ubuntu 9.10 with a DVB-T card have you?

I'm finding that it can't find a suitable 'demuxer' when I select a channel. I'm not sure if it's down to missing codecs or what (I have w32codecs installed but not any of the gstreamer codecs or plugins).

Rob