Re: [LUG] Sales???

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, tom wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009, tom wrote:

Dont forget this 2 year EU guarantee thingy!

We still have the Sale of Goods Act here - that can give you up to 5 years from the seller in some cases...

Alas for brands nowadays reliable quality is a thing of the past - I would imagine that now is the probably the worst time to buy anything electrical unless you have to!

No - the best time as all the bargins are to be had - e.g. we just bought some outdoor LED lights - the sort you'd wrap round an outdoor xmas tree, but at less than half price... We want to use them to decorate a courtyard area for those long summer evenings we're looking forward to...

I was referring to the quality of the slightly more complicated goods which will have been produced on shoe-string for Xmas and sales in a recession.

Ah, yes, there may be that, however ...

Especially for the english who dont complain market. "bought in a sale? no return there mate" "oh alright bleet bleet".

Your statutory rights can not be affected by sales, etc. SOGA still applies. Anything bought retail has to be fit for the purpose intended. (Unless it's being sold as faulty and the faults are clearly identified)

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

And remember - it's who you bought it from, and not the manufacturer who is liable for refunds, repairs, replacements, etc. Do not let them fob you off with any other story.

Gordon