Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Tech changes 'outstrip' netbooks]

John Hansen wrote:
On 29/12/2009 17:37, Grant Sewell wrote:
Did the Toshiba machine need wireless connectivity to be useful when it was
originally bought? If not then it probably doesn't *need* wireless to be useful
today.

Grant

I do not believe it has ever had wireless connectivity.I bought an external modem when I purchased the laptop. With dial -up it worked quite well if slowly by todays standards. However the Lotus Smartsuite was really
excellent for my modest needs.

John W

I'm rapidly moving to the opinion that if you want a machine to do work on then the less power it has the better - less distractions. If it does what you NEED and wont run flash or large javascript web pages then you cant waste your life watching not very funny xmas videos people have sent you!
Nostalgia aint what it used to be
Tom te tom te tom