Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Tech changes 'outstrip' netbooks]

Very interesting. ÂI would have thought the versions would be:

Windows NT4 = 4
Windows 2000 = 5
Windows XP =Â5.something
Windows Vista = 6
Windows 7 = 7

Grant

-- Sent from my Palm PrÄ

Julian Hall wrote:

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> My understanding was that a key issue was copyright. For some
> reason it is (was) apparently easier to protect your product if it was
> named as opposed to numbered.
>
> Presumably this is no longer an issue or perhaps "Windows" plus a number
> is sufficiently protected.
>
> If so then Windows 3..
> Windows 4 = 95? in 1995?
> Windows 5 = XP? in 2003?
> Windows 6 = Vista? in 2006?
> Windows 7 in 2009
Interesting. I would make it:

Windows 4 = 95
Windows 5 = ME
Windows 6 = 2000

WTH happens then? Your numbers may be more accurate if MS decide they
want to draw a veil over the disaster of ME. Why they choose to ignore
2K is another matter.

Julian