Re: [LUG] cheap server hosting

Edwin Rhodes wrote:
> hello i need to find a cheap server hosting company that offers:
> apache, mysql, php and preferably linux as well, i need to run drupal
> and it runs with the software packages just mentioned. any ideas?

Just finished using virtual server at Rackforce at work for running some
services whilst we got more bandwidth.

Excellent support, good price, was a couple of unexpected reboots over
the period (I vaguely recall one was a lightning strike - but no
unplanned extended down time), but would definitely be on my list. They
are in Canada, so possibly not ideal for predominantly UK based service.

The DCGLUG stuff is now at Bytemark, which seems good so far but isn't
cheap as far as this market goes. Neil W has had more contact with them
than I have. So far only one unplanned outage (not caused by my mistakes
and that was to do with software we were running as far as we can tell).

 Simon