Re: [LUG] wordpress/MySQL conflict

tom wrote:
> I've just had a few problems with MySQL and it seems to be down to
> wordpress demanding an older version of  mysql-client (5.0) despite the
> server being upgraded to 5.1.

Did you have a question?

MySQL uses the PHP-MySql interface. I'd be surprised if it was WordPress
specific.

All good distros should keep php, mysql and apache packages in sync, but
you could mangle the mysql settings in the PHP.INI (or related files) by
modifying them and then the update might skip upgrading them or similar.

<rant>

Debian Lenny has some ghastly "bug" (515143 amongst others), in handling
PHP with MySQL which causes segfaults when load causes the relevant task
to switch processor. I'd have hoped this would have been released
officially by now.

</rant>