Re: [LUG] Recommending GNU/Linux

On 13/12/2009 11:20, Terry Hill wrote:
So yeah, things could screw up on Linux, but they also do screw up on Windows, it
just seems that it happening on Windows is more acceptable to some.
This is probably more psychology than anything else.  I've tried to
get a few people into Linux, and if there's been a problem "this damn
linux has screwed my computer up".  The same people having a problem
with windows would say "my computer has gone wrong, can you fit it?".
Could be an identical issue in both situations, but the perception is
different.

Yep exactly. I'm not sure if it's because when things go wrong in Windows they can take it to a multitude of 'experts' to get it fixed (and I'd say maybe 50% of these experts aren't really experts, more 'magazine certified' as one of my old bosses used to put it) where as with Linux, there aren't as many people out there who are clued up (although on the other hand, there is support available from the LUG).

Rob