Re: [LUG] OT: Terry Pratchett

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 14:52 -0500, george parker wrote:

> This set me to thinking that there could be a very high correlation between TP
> reading and GNU Linux addiction.  Perhaps due to open minds?  Anyone agree?

Possibly, I am certainly another fan of his books, I have bought all the
Discworld books and many of the childrens ones which are mostly still
enjoyable. I am now climbing the walls till Christmas so I can unwrap
Unseen Academicals.

> Very sad to think that we may be coming to the end of these sparkling gems of
> insight, wit and imagination.

Agreed, I am going to be lost without any new Discworld to read, the
last few years his books are the only ones I have bothered to read, the
New Scientist ones being the only exception... Oh, and books on learning
Bash and the shell, got a few of those I am constantly dipping back
into.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides