Re: [LUG] New server

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009, Simon Waters wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:

Sounds good.  Out of interest, has the old server been running the LUG
mailing list and web site since the beginning?

No, the site use to be on Termisoc servers. Alex can tell more no doubt.

Yeah that was a while back now. Looking at the Termisoc wiki it probably started life on a Pentium 200 hosted at the university. Likley running whatever the Red Hat Linux release of the time was (6.something I'd guess).

Thinking about it; this LUG has been going 10 years now. I think the official foundation was approx October 1999. Did anyone notice at the time? I don't really get enough time to keep up with all the these postings these days.

Alex.