Re: [LUG] very OT politics Re: [Fwd: Leaked IT cost cuts 'unambitious']

james kilty wrote:
On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 16:49 +0000, tom wrote:
Julian Hall wrote:
'A leaked document setting out the government's IT strategy for the next five years is "complacent" and lacks ambition, the Conservatives say.'

Normal data rate of politicians: 1% info (i) 99 % spin (s)
when within 12 months of an election i is reduced exponentially to 0.

The only difference between any of the parties will be who's mate gets all the money to screw it up.

It's a pity the shit sticks to all comers. I was a Liberal Democrat
County Councillor - when I was told "you are all the same" - I had to
say - "you are looking at me. Here I am. What do you see?". Alas,
prejudices are hard to deal with rationally with real evidence. They
mask perception so all you can see is through a filter. Yes, politics
needs a clean up - so are you voting Lib Dem next time? The above claim
would never happen on my watch.
I would only ever vote for a party that would make political parties illegal.
I have written to my MP about the issue. FWIW, he has supported all FSW
issues I have presented to him (I know him personally) and all I've got
has been bland replies from ministers who clearly don't understand the
issues in IT. I have a hope that the Lib Dems might consult real
computing experts if they ever have a significant influence in
Government.
Thats what gets them into trouble: Who are the computing experts - obviously the ones with all the money...

Tom te tom te tom