Re: [LUG] HD TV cards

James Fidell wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:

I'd have thought that with my card but all our freeview receivers and our telly pick everything up fine. However the card did work fine in Exeter on Stockland Hill. Might possibly be to do with a poor signal in our area possibly. I'm going to invest in a couple of new DVB-T USB sticks anyway.

IME set top boxes are far more tolerant of low quality signals than PC
cards.  Before we replaced the aerial here I couldn't see anything at
all with my Hauppauge TD500 cards, despite an STB being able to pick up
a fair range of channels.

James

That's what I thought, hence buying a couple of new USB sticks.

Rob