Re: [LUG] Dual booting Debian and Ubuntu

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:50:48 +0000
Philip Whateley <philip.whateley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Philip,

> I would like to install another distro on sda2, preferably Debian Lenny
> 32bit so I can dual boot, but I am concerned about breaking Grub etc. I

I've only ever done a dual boot set-up a couple of times, and that was
quite a few years ago now but, back then Debian was the only distro that
correctly identified other Linux distros, as well as Windows, and set up
Grub so that all were bootable.  Mandrake (as it was called then) failed
to locate another Linux distro but happily dealt with Windows.

I'd have thought things were as good now, if not better, than back then.

--
 Regards  _

The public wants what the public gets
Going Underground - The Jam