Re: [LUG] Screen resolution and refresh woes

On Nov 27 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

miketidball@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I had no trouble getting to the grub menu it has a 10 second countdown
> but there was no option after recovery mode to do with
>
> resetting video mode. I did boot from there into the command line ie
> no desktop but running sudo nvidia-settings wouldn't work.
>
> Mike

I had a similar problem with an NVidia card and Ubuntu 9.10, IIRC I
ended up deleting the xorg.conf file and booting into X and then trying
to hack together an xorg.conf I found on the internet.

Unfortunately all I can find at the moment is configuration files for
dual monitors :-(

It could be worth searching for the model of monitor, you may be able to
get specific mode lines for the xorg.conf file.

Rob

I'm thinking now of going back to 9.03 or whatever it was, getting it working and then making a copy of xorg.conf then using that in 9.10.

Do you think that would work?

Mike