Re: [LUG] OT private parking

tom wrote:
Not when its got a dropped kerb, a white line on it and a set of huge gates with a no parking notice. Much like the pavement and double yellow lines (that's illegal even with hazard warning lights!) It seems to be beyond a lot of people today that simply owning a car does not mean you can leave it where you feel like.
Tom te tom te tom
I think it's a simple set of questions the driver asks; How likely am I to get away with this? Are there traffic wardens likely to be patrolling this area? Can I see obvious signs clamping is enforced? Can I see signs of anyone actually enforcing or is the sign just a scare tactic?

If the answers, in order are; Very; No; No; No; then the driver is far more likely to take their chances. Even if they know they are likely to face an irate landowner when they get back they will risk it on the old adage 'It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission'.

On the latter question, I do know fake clamps are available on the Internet. It might be an idea to park one of your vehicles on the road for a while with a fake clamp on it, which would give people the impression clamping is enforced. Just a thought :)

Julian