Re: [LUG] open office crashes

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:36:26PM +0000, james kilty wrote:
> Dear all
>
> As no-one replied to my earlier email I rebooted and redid the
> offending .ods file in OOo. I could not copy my template as usual by
> drag and drop but could using the menu. I was able to create the new
> file and print it OK and save with no problems this time.
>
> It would be good if I could attempt to isolate the problem and at least
> report it properly.

For what its worth I had a similar problem with oOo:
- oOo crashed repeatedly
- Finally I deleted the auto-recover feature (can't remember which file
  it was but is in the .openoffice2/ directory)
- Damn thing kept on crashing: even when trying to recover a non
  existent file.
- Filed a bug report and then "aptitude purge openoffice" and
  reinstalled. Problem resolved. A bit overkill but I was getting cranky

In my case I was downloading large xls readonly file from the net

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.