Re: [LUG] grep and dreadful command line skills

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> The handy one is the 'rm' command (and mv) - otherwise deleting (or
> renaming) a file that starts with a dash is somewhat intersting...

Afraid the time honoured use of "." is in my command line muscle memory

"rm ./-rf"

Which I suspect pre-dates all those fancy getopts, and Bash, and Linux.....

But obviously not so useful for scripts, but I think I'd have a hard
time typing a bare "-rf" on the "rm" command, even after "--" ;)