Re: [LUG] Spare screen for music

Apologies for top-posting, I'm sending this from my phone.

I installed a touchscreen add-on for a Samsung NC-10 netbook at work a few weeks ago. It was pretty straightforward and worked well. The accuracy was acceptable but I would not want to use it in the manner that you're thinking - not accrate enough for that in my opinion.

Grant.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē

Rob Beard wrote:

tom wrote:
> I've been playing with a few music programs and things are just about
> tipping point in terms of really useful FLOSS for music.
> MuseScore has a rather wonderful PlayPanel that allows you to adjust
> the tempo of tracks - perfect for learning music I feel. It does
> musicXML in/out as well so lessons can be shared etc
> I feel that all I'm missing now is a touch screen that I can drop into
> the music sheet holder on a piano. It would need to be pretty precise
> for adding score in situ so one with some extra mousy things might help..
> Tom te tom te tom

Touch screens can be stupidly expensive, last quote I had was about £350
for a 15" Elo Touch screen which supports serial and USB.

On the other hand, I have seen kits available on eBay which will convert
a standard LCD monitor into a touch screen monitor. I gather they fit
under the bezel as a layer over the LCD panel. Not tried them though so
I can't comment on how good they are.

Looking on eBay quickly I found this shop which does touch screen panels
for various size screens (even some for the Acer Aspire One and EeePC)..

http://tinyurl.com/ybptwhp

A 17" widescreen panel is about £70 ish, I'd assume that they are all
around this sort of price, give or take £20 or so.

Rob