Re: [LUG] OT- Cheap Laptop

Rob Beard wrote:
That isn't always the case, I got a brand new battery for my notebook when I bought it, 9 months later and it won't hold any more than 5 minutes of charge. On the other hand, my old Dell notebook was going on 2 years old when I was made redundant and it still had a perfect battery life, as does my other half's IBM Thinkpad which is going on about 3 or so years old.

Rob
I believe like cars it depends how they are cared for. A car that has been driven on motorways or dual carriageways for instance by the owner will *in general* be in better nick than a car driven stop-start short distances all the time, or by a company rep [no offence meant to any on the list] who thrashes it because it doesn't actually belong to them. In the same vein afaik there is a right way and a wrong way to treat laptop batteries - although opinion differs on what the right way actually is.

Julian