Re: [LUG] HTML query

Simon Robert wrote:
On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 13:21 +0000, dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Do you want to do:

onmouseover="document.getElementById('iframe').src='location.html';">Link</a>

yes absolutely this is what I want! I've spent a few hours googling and
not seen this mentioned anywhere.

Thanks to all who responded, but if you're going to respond with "its a
crap idea" without any alternative suggestions why are you bothering?
I'd never reply to a post which said "I would like to do x" without
saying "x is not a great idea, try y". I'd think "mm sounds like a waste
of time, but as I know nothing and have nothing to contribute I'll leave
it alone".

But so far it seems to be OK, probably depends on how twitchy the user
is.

All I can say is I've seen this technique grind a struggling system to a halt - moving the mouse over all the links on the LHS of the screen to get to one on the bottom sets of a dozen URL requests that, when your on a slow link and running short of ram is effectively a DOS for the user. It may work for you very well at home right next to the server on a fast machine but it WILL fuck some people up. As for suggestions - I'm not telepathic I dont know what you wanted to achieve. The code was very very easy as shown - you not knowing it suggested you didnt know the potential consequences - which may have been the reason you didnt find it when Googling - its NOT good practice.
Tom te tom te om