Re: [LUG] HTML query

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 15:41 +0000, Simon Robert wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 13:21 +0000, dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Do you want to do:

> > onmouseover="document.getElementById('iframe').src='location.html';">Link</a>
>

> yes absolutely this is what I want! I've spent a few hours googling and
> not seen this mentioned anywhere.
>
> Thanks to all who responded, but if you're going to respond with "its a
> crap idea" without any alternative suggestions why are you bothering?
> I'd never reply to a post which said "I would like to do x" without
> saying "x is not a great idea, try y". I'd think "mm sounds like a waste
> of time, but as I know nothing and have nothing to contribute I'll leave
> it alone".
>
> But so far it seems to be OK, probably depends on how twitchy the user
> is.

and while I'm having a rant if the reply suggests that I use some
completely unfamiliar programming language/app its of no more use.

so:

  don't do it it's a crap idea

or:
  ruby on javascript 8.2 will sort this out as a trivial problem

are not answers. "this is not possible" is a better response.

Si ser Si ser Si